BMW has dropped information on a new limited edition version of its M3 Coupe for the North American market. The 2011 BMW Frozen Black M3 Coupe will be available in a limited production run of 20 units for the USA, each priced at a hefty $79,650 (~€55,500), not including a $875 destination charge.
So what does a $21,000 premium over the standard M3 Coupe get you other than a very happy salesperson and an even merrier dealer? Well, in typical BMW fashion, not much as the special edition M3 Coupe is a cosmetic package with some minor mechanical upgrades.
The two-door sports car is painted in a flat Individual Frozen Black hue and comes equipped with 19-inch GTS wheels finish in gloss black, with the same color being applied to the kidney grilles, fender vents and exhaust tips. The package also includes red-colored brake calipers, black leather interior with contrasting red stitching and carbon fiber accents, a 10mm lowered suspension and sport mapping for the EDC/DSC.
All special edition M3’s are fitted with the standard 4.0-liter, 414-horsepower V8 engine coupled with BMW’s M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT) which lowers the 0-60mph (96km/h) acceleration time from 4.7 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
BMW said those interested will have to call to reserve the first nineteen 2011 Frozen Black Edition M3 Coupes by dialing 1-800-245-4269 starting from Thursday, June 16, 2011. The first nineteen cars will become available for delivery in late June with the production run to be completed by the end of July 2011. According to the company, the twentieth car will be held by BMW of North America and “may be sold at a later date”.
Equipment List, Frozen Black Edition M3 Coupe:
- BMW Individual Frozen Black Exterior Paint
- Black Extended Novillo leather with Red Contrast Stitching on seats, headrests, door inserts, armrests, middle console, and door pulls.
- Black M3 GTS wheels, 19” diameter with high-performance summer tires
- Red brake calipers
- Gloss black kidney grills
- Gloss black side-gill elements
- Gloss black exhaust pipe tips
Additional specified equipment from M3 catalog:
- M-DCT Transmission with Drivelogic
- Competition Package
- Lowered suspension
- Sport mapping for EDC/DSC
- Premium Package 2
- Power folding auto-dimming mirrors
- Universal garage-door opener
- Power front seats
- Carbon Leather interior trim
- Interior mirror with compass
- BMW Assist with Bluetooth
- Convenience Package
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Comfort Access keyless entry system
- Park Distance Control (rear)
- Navigation System
- iPod and USB adapter
- Real-time Traffic Information
- Heated Front Seats
- Satellite Radio with 1-year subscription
- BMW Individual Enhanced Premium Sound System